8-HOUR SITE SAFETY MANAGER REFRESHER/CHAPTER 33
- $245.00 per person
- $220.50 per person for groups of 10+ (10% discount)
*Course fee does not include the cost of SST Card
As of May 2019, this course serves as a replacement for both the 8-Hour Chapter 33 AND the 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher training courses. This new course may be used towards the renewal of a SSM or SSC license and/or to satisfy 8 hours of prescribed training for a Site Safety Training Card as required by Local Law 196 of 2017.
DOB Course Code
The 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33 Training course is a refresher to the 40-Hour Site Safety Manager Course, which is a comprehensive presentation of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertains to public protection. During the training, students will review the hazards of working in the New York City construction environment and the specific methods and work practices that are necessary on an urban construction site.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare roles and responsibilities of New York City Department of Buildings licensed site safety professionals
- Recognize which rules and regulations were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City
- Identify safety procedures to protect public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Define construction fire protection and prevention methods that comply with the New York City Fire Code
- Describe communication procedures between New York City Department of Buildings and licensed site safety professionals
- Distinguish between the OSHA standards and New York City Department of Buildings Chapter 33 regulations
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
No prerequisites are required to take this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33
Per NYC Department of Buildings (DOB), Section 104-6 of Title 1 of the Rules of the City of NY, this course satisfies licensees continuing education renewal requirements for the Site Safety Manager (SSM) License or Site Safety Coordinator (SSC) Certificate. The SMM license expires every three (3) years and holders must complete this course one year immediately prior to renewing their license. SSC certificate holders must successfully complete this course every year, as the NYC DOB requires annual renewal of the coordinator certification.
For more information, the license renewal process with the DOB, click here.
As of April 2019, this course may also be used to satisfy 8 hours of prescribed training for a Site Safety Training Card, as is required by Local Law 196 of 2017.
Experienced Construction workers, supervisors, and other personnel responsible for construction activities with general knowledge of the New York City Building Codes as it relates to worker and public safety.
Individuals applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including review quiz and hands-on exercises.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Can’t make it to one of our in-house, public course offerings? Let TSCTA bring safety training to you! Our onsite training courses can be brought to your job site, midtown office, warehouse or just about anywhere else in the world.