This course is designed to provide training and information about crystalline silica, the health hazards of exposure to it, an in-depth review of OSHA’s final rule regulating occupational exposure to respirable silica in the construction industry, prevention /control method planning and medical surveillance.
Online RegistrationRegister Online
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe properties of crystalline silica as a mineral.
- Identify health hazards associated with exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
- List specific tasks in the workplace that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
- Identify at least 3 methods of controlling workers’ exposure to crystalline silica at construction sites.
- List elements of written exposure control plan under OSHA silica rule
- Explain medical surveillance and recordkeeping criteria under new OSHA silica rule
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a required multiple-choice quiz to be eligible to receive a course completion certificate.