The course is structured to provide the student with updated and enhanced information on the duties and responsibilities of a security guard.
What you need to bring with you:
- A picture ID (Must be either government issued or school issued)
- A copy of your 16 Hour On-the-Job training completion card
- Your Social Security Number
- Payment (cash, credit card, money order ONLY)
- No. 2 pencil and notebook
Course Hours8 Hours
Onsite TrainingRequest Onsite Training
- The role of the security guard
- Legal powers and limitations
- Emergency situations
- Communications and public relations
- Access control
- Ethics and conduct
You must have completed the 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course.
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training
The 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training Course must be completed each calendar year you hold a security guard registration as a required prerequisite for the renewal of your NYS Security Guard Registration Card. Registration is issued for two years. Therefore, you must complete two 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training courses within that period to be eligible for renewal.
Individuals seeking to renew their New York State Security Guard Registration
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities. Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should the student miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Gallagher Bassett to arrange to attend another scheduled event.