Groups of 4-5
per person (10% discount)
Groups of 6+
per person (15% discount)
This course explains the basic elements of supported scaffold safety and introduces students to the nature of supported scaffold hazards. During the course emphasis is placed on the role of the scaffold user in accident prevention, which includes scaffold inspections, fall protection, recognizing hazards, and responding to emergencies.
Course Hours4 Hours
Course Sessions1 Sessions
Course LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Polish
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- List supported scaffold types and its major components
- Identify the most common supported scaffold safety hazards
- Protect themselves from supported scaffold safety hazards
- Outline New York City Building Code supported scaffold safety requirements
- Inspect supported scaffolds in accordance with federal and local safety regulations
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher Course
As per Local Law 52 of 2005, this course is required for workers using supported scaffolds on construction sites in New York City. This training is required every 4 years.
Any individual who needs to use or work on a Supported Scaffold in New York City.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and review quiz to receive the 4 Hour Supported Scaffold course completion ID card.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Gallagher Bassett to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Read Gallagher Bassett’s full attendance and make-up time policies here.