Groups of 4-5
per person (10% discount)
Groups of 6+
per person (15% discount)
The Confined Space Operations course is designed to educate students in the safe practices and responsibilities of the entrant, entry attendant, and supervisor when working with confined spaces. Key topics include general requirements of the OSHA standard, employer’s responsibility to individuals working in confined spaces, confined space recognition, requirements for entry, atmospheric hazards, physical hazards, personal protective equipment, and regulatory requirements.
Course Hours8 Hours
Course Sessions1-3 Sessions
Course LanguagesEnglish, Spanish
Onsite TrainingRequest Onsite Training
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify criteria for confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces
- List four main hazards that may exist in permit-required confined spaces
- Describe at least one hazard control method for each of four main confined space hazards
- Discuss your duties as a member of confined space entry team (supervisor, attendant, entrant)
- Apply OSHA training requirements to site specific conditions
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Any individual who may work around confined spaces, specifically if working in these fields:
- Construction: Private, Industrial, Commercial, Heavy Road
- General Industry: Manufacturing, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Utility
100% attendance in course and active participation in all learning activities including review quiz is required to receive an 8 Hour Confined Space Operations Entry/Attendant/Supervisor course completion certificate.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.