The OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, also known as HazCom, HCS, 29 CFR 1910.1200, is a U.S. regulation that governs the evaluation and communication of hazards associated with chemicals in the workplace. In order to ensure chemical safety in the workplace, information about the identities and hazards of the chemicals must be available and understandable to workers. OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires the development and dissemination of such information:
- Chemical manufacturers and importers are required to evaluate the hazards of the chemicals they produce or import, and prepare labels and safety data sheets to convey the hazard information to their downstream customers;
- All employers with hazardous chemicals in their workplaces must have labels and safety data sheets for their exposed workers, and train them to handle the chemicals appropriately.
This course is designed to provide training and information about Federal OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard to affected employees, their managers, and interested individuals.
Online training courses cannot cover the site-specific information and training required by OSHA. Therefore, employers must supplement this course with training/information on site-specific procedures, chemicals hazards, PPE, and other protective measures as necessary to comply with OSHA regulation
Course Hour1 Hour
Online RegistrationRegister Online
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Justify the need for employers to communicate chemical hazards to employees in the workplace
- Demonstrate familiarity with content of OSHA 1910.1200, the Hazard Communication standard
- Describe content of chemical labels and SDS Sheets under the Globally Harmonized System
- Explain how OSHA 1910.1200 applies to chemicals used for disinfecting surfaces during COVID-19 pandemic
- Outline training requirements for employees affected by chemicals at the workplace
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a required multiple-choice quiz to be eligible to receive a course completion certificate.