The 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33 Training course is a refresher to the 40-Hour Site Safety Manager Course, which is a comprehensive presentation of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertains to public protection. During the training, students will review the hazards of working in the New York City construction environment and the specific methods and work practices that are necessary on an urban construction site.
Course fee does not include the cost of an SST Card
Course Hours8 Hours
Online RegistrationRegister Online
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare roles and responsibilities of New York City Department of Buildings licensed site safety professionals
- Recognize which rules and regulations were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City
- Identify safety procedures to protect public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Define construction fire protection and prevention methods that comply with the New York City Fire Code
- Describe communication procedures between New York City Department of Buildings and licensed site safety professionals
- Distinguish between the OSHA standards and New York City Department of Buildings Chapter 33 regulations
Users must grant access to their desktop/laptop’s camera and microphone in order to successfully complete this training. It is recommended that students complete the training on a computer with Google Chrome as the browser.
The use of a mobile device, like a smartphone, may result in unintended issues running the course.
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a final assessment are required to earn a course completion card.