Groups of 4-5
per person (10% discount)
Groups of 6+
per person (15% discount)
This 8-Hour Hazwoper Refresher training program consists of a synopsis of the core elements of an occupational safety and health program including an emergency response plan and procedures.
Students will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer, or a tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
Course Hours8 Hours
Course Sessions1-2 Sessions
Onsite TrainingRequest Onsite Training
Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
- List specific laws and governmental agencies that pertain to hazardous waste removal
- Identify elements of chemical labels and SDS sheets under OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard
- Evaluate physical and safety hazards on hazardous waste sites
- Describe general types of personal protective equipment including chemical protective clothing and respirators used when dealing with hazardous waste.
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of a minimum passing score on the required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide their name on form to receive credit)
Students attending this course must have previously completed a 40 HR HAZWOPER Training. The expiring certificate must be presented prior to the start of class.
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Hazwoper Refresher
This 8-Hour Hazwoper refresher course fulfills the annual training requirement to renew an initial 40 Hour Hazwoper certification.
Individuals seeking recertification to continue to work with or around hazardous materials.
The training concludes with a class interactive task where students are asked to apply the information and materials that were provided during the course to mock hazardous scenarios.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations. Upon completion of training, all participants will receive a certificate of completion for Hazwoper Refresher under 29 CFR 1910.12 from TSCTA.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.