This program’s goal is to raise awareness of the health and safety risks presented by fall hazards on construction sites and provide attendees with knowledge and practices they can use to apply proper controls to prevent and manage fall hazards.
This course is a prescribed training course that can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. This is an awareness-level training only and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
Course Hours8 Hours
Online RegistrationRegister Online
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to…
- Explain the relevance of fall hazard prevention in construction
- Describe the basic physics of gravity and falls
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of employers as well as Competent and Qualified people in fall prevention
- Identify potential fall hazards including same-level falls, falls from above, and falling objects and apply appropriate controls to reduce risk level
- Prevent fall or dropped object hazards by marking and covering holes
- Recognize situations in which regulations call for handrails, guardrails, ramps, etc. and construct compliant safety systems
- Inspect, use, or supervise the use of safety equipment and PPE including retractable lifelines, shock-absorbing lanyards, personal fall arrest systems, etc.
- Inspect, use, or supervise the use of ladders
Users must grant access to their desktop/laptop’s camera and microphone in order to successfully complete this training. It is recommended that students complete the training on a computer with Google Chrome as the browser.
The use of a mobile device, like a smartphone, may result in unintended issues running the course.
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a final assessment are required to earn a course completion card.