Groups of 10+
per person (10% discount)
This actively proctored, instructor-led virtual (remote) renewal course includes a review of New York City Construction Codes and OSHA Regulations as it pertains to rigging operations and industry best practices. Subject matter will also include the inspection, maintenance, repair, use, installation, hazards associated with rigging methods, hardware, and equipment, hoisting machines with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of one ton or less, suspended scaffolds, fall protection and more. Additionally, attendees will have a forum to exchange their experiences and discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
Course Hours8 Hours
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify special rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss common causes of rigging accidents based on case studies
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources
- Develop skills necessary to understand rigging math and calculations
- Perform rigging inspections using provided rigging principles
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork as per 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Develop emergencies procedures during scaffold incidents
- Discuss common working platforms and safety protocols for lifting/lowering loads
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, the achievement of a minimum passing score on the required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide their name on form to receive credit)
Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Special Rigger license. Students attending this course must present their original Special Rigger license.
Students need to be able to verbally communicate with an instructor in the primary language of the training and will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer, or a tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the WebEx app.
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Special Rigger Renewal Training
Per section §104-06 of Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York, a Special Rigger must complete a Department-approved 8-Hour Special Rigger Refresher Training Course during the one year immediately prior to the license or certificate expiration.
Special Riggers who are intending to renew their license.
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a required multiple-choice quiz to be eligible to receive a course completion certificate.