Complete attendance is required to receive completion materials for a course, and students are required to be punctual for all training. If you arrive after 30 minutes from the course start time, your permission to complete the course will be at the instructor’s discretion. For multi-day training, students must attend each session of the course. Makeup sessions are available for some classes. Courses which require students pass an exam for completion, such as a 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training class, do not qualify for makeup time.
Course Absences / No Shows
- If you are unable to attend training, you should notify a TSCTA staff member. Students who miss a course will be allowed to reschedule one time without penalties.
- If you cannot attend training and fail to notify a TSCTA staff member, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you have rescheduled a course and do not attend the updated training session, 50% of your original payment will be forfeited. The remaining balance will be credited to your account or returned to your original form of payment upon request.
Course Completion Requirements
- To receive the certificate or card validating completion of a course, students must attend all sessions. Eligible students will receive the course completion materials immediately upon completion of the training.
- Unless requested in writing before the end of the training, all completion materials will be mailed directly to the individual or company that paid for the training. Completion material(s) will be shipped free of charge to the student’s address on file. In the case the items are not received by the student, they will have the option of picking up at a TSCTA location or paying to have the items resent.
- Students are required to present a valid photo ID at the start of each course. A photo ID will only be checked once for multiday courses. TSCTA accepts any form of ID that contains a picture of and full legal name of the student.
- Students should be respectful towards their course instructors and peers, and attentive during the entire class. Students who are disruptive and found to be inattentive during a course will be removed and ineligible for a refund.
- Students should bring writing utensils to take notes and participate in in-class assignments.
- Cell phone usage during a course is prohibited. Students are allowed to accept emergency phone calls in the designated area if needed.
Consent to Multimedia Use
Registration and attendance at and participation in TSCTA courses and other activities – in-person or virtually – constitutes an agreement by the registrant to TSCTA’s use and distribution of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Distance Learning Virtual Classroom Policy
By registering for a TSCTA Distance Learning Course, I attest & acknowledge all the following statements:
- I am the party that registered for the class, or I have received the information from a third-party representative of my company who registered on my behalf.
- I understand and accept that I must have a working knowledge of the internet, and was made aware prior to my registration of the need to have continuous access to a reliable internet connection, a computer or tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and to download the Zoom app.
- I understand that I must be logged into the class on time for all sessions. Those joining in excess of 15 minutes after the course start time may not be granted access to the class and can be rescheduled for a future event once with no financial penalty.
- I understand and accept that I must actively participate and complete the entire course without any form of assistance from anyone else.
- I understand and accept that I must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in the language the class is being instructed in.
- I understand and accept that I may not make audio or video recordings of any class activity at any time.
- I understand and accept that the entire class will be recorded for compliance and training purposes.
- I understand and accept that the training is actively proctored by an employee of TSC Training Academy, who will continuously monitor my participation and take attendance throughout the training.
- I understand and accept that if I am found to be inactive or not physically present during any time that is not deemed a break by the course instructor or active proctor, I can be removed from the class. In the event, I am removed from the class for non-participation, I understand that I will have to complete the entire class over again at my own expense. I understand that it is my responsibility to contact TSCTA to request to reschedule.
- Para nuestra política de aula de aprendizaje a distancia en español, haga clic aquí.
Online Training Policy
TSCTA’s online learning platform is designed to complement our in-classroom learning experience. You may register for courses directly by logging in/creating a new account here: TSCTA eLearning Platform.
Course: A course is collection of modules, tasks, and/or activities. These can be videos, uploaded tasks, and SCORM packages.
Learning Path: A Learning Path is a cohesive and coherent collection of such courses for the purposes of meeting curricula criterion.
Online Courses are available for 28 days after a student’s initial launch of the course content. Students will have access to their course activity at any time after the initial enrollment.
For Online Learning Paths, students will be able to access the Learning Path at any time after the initial enrollment; individual Courses under a Learning Path must be completed within 28 days of initial launch.
Active Proctoring Requirement
For ALL NYC DOB-Approved courses, students shall be actively proctored randomly at the discretion of TSC Training Academy via our software proctoring system. Students must validate their identity prior to starting any course and will be asked to provide a government-issued identification (i.e., Driver’s License, Passport, or State-issued ID Card) and have their picture taken.
Students must be visible and actively participating throughout the entire course and cannot turn off their camera or microphone at any time. Students must also complete this training unassisted/unaided for the duration of the course. If a student’s attempt is deemed unsuccessful, it is the student’s responsibility to re-enroll (purchase the course again).
A desktop computer with access to the internet is required. TSCTA strongly recommends a high-speed internet connection, and the use of a desktop/laptop computer with Google Chrome as the selected browser to ensure smooth playback and an uninterrupted learning experience.
For all DOB-Approved Courses or any courses that may require active proctoring, the Online Platform will need access to your system’s web camera and microphone. Students must be within view of the camera and the computer’s microphone must be on at ALL times and in a well-lit room; students cannot be distracted or multitasking, and students must take these courses unassisted/alone.