Groups of 4-5
per person (10% discount)
Groups of 6-9
per person (15% discount)
Groups of 10+
per person (20% discount)
Gallagher Bassett’s Hybrid 40-Hour Hazwoper training program covers the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard that applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees.
Besides the instructor-led lecture and instructional videos, the program includes an overview of pertinent provisions of EPA standards or laws, decontamination equipment and procedures, and a review of air and contamination monitoring equipment. The training concludes with a class interactive task where students are asked to apply the information and materials provided during the course to mock hazardous scenarios.
This course is held partially remote via Zoom and partially in-person for the required hands-on activities. You must fully complete both lecture and hands-on portions of this course to complete the program.
Students will need access to an internet connection, a computer, or a tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
Course Hours40 Hours
Course Sessions4 Virtual & 1 In-Person Sessions
Onsite TrainingRequest Onsite Training
Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
- List specific laws and governmental agencies that pertain to hazardous waste removal
- Identify elements of chemical labels and SDS sheets under OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard
- Evaluate physical and safety hazards on hazardous waste sites
- Describe general types of personal protective equipment including chemical protective clothing and respirators used when dealing with hazardous waste.
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of a minimum passing score on the required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide their name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this 40 Hour Hazwoper course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with the instructor in the primary language of the training.
Students need to be able to verbally communicate with an instructor in the primary language of the training and will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer, or a tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the WebEx app.
This course fulfills the training requirement for persons working with or around Hazardous materials as per OSHA Subpart H 29 CFR 1910.120
General site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers, and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities which expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances and health hazards.
The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances — including hazardous waste — and who are engaged in one of the following operations as specified by 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v):
- clean-up operations — required by a governmental body, whether federal, state, local, or other involving hazardous substances — that are conducted at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA) as amended (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.);
- voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 264 and 265 pursuant to RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations: and
- emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances regardless of the location of the hazard
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations. Upon completion of training, all participants will receive a certificate of completion for Hazwoper training under 29 CFR 1910.12 from Gallagher Bassett.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Gallagher Bassett to arrange to attend another scheduled event.