Groups of 6+
per person (10% discount)
The coronavirus or COVID-19 is a respiratory illness transmitted from person to person through droplets in the air they breathe and surfaces they touch. The Occupational Safety and Health Act requires construction employers to provide a safe and healthy workplace. To do this, construction industry employers should develop a comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control plan, which includes control measures, symptom checking, social distancing, hygiene and decontamination procedures, and training. This training program will focus on COVID-19 risk assessment, health and wellness measures and what policies and procedures should be implemented by contractors to ensure safety of construction employees.
Course Hours2 Hours
Course LanguagesEnglish, Spanish
Onsite TrainingRequest Onsite Training
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Explain what COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, how they spread and symptoms of exposure
- Assess the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in construction industry
- Define key steps in protecting construction workers from exposure to COVID-19
- Identify elements of Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
- Specify what Health and Wellness Protocols and Mitigation plan should address
Students will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer, or a tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
- Social Distancing
- Personal Hygiene
- Decontamination and cleaning
- Personal Protective Equipment – use and care
- Infectious Disease Response Plan
- Communication – Health and Wellness Protocols and Mitigation plan
Although this course is voluntary and does not meet any specific regulatory or industry requirements, COVID-19 training is being implemented in New York and across the country for construction workers and supervisors.
This course would be recommended to anyone who might be involved in plan development, plan enforcement as well as any construction worker practicing COVID-19 procedures on construction site.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities and review quiz to receive an awareness level certificate of completion.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Gallagher Bassett to arrange to attend another scheduled event.