Groups of 10+
per person (10% discount)
This renewal course includes a review of New York City Construction Codes and OSHA Regulations as it pertains to rigging operations and industry best practices.
Topics covered during the course will include rigging methods, installation, maintenance, repair and use of rigging hardware and equipment, climber/tower crane assembly, jumping, and disassembly, critical picks, suspended scaffolds, fall protection and more. Additionally, attendees will have a forum to exchange their experiences and discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
- This an actively proctored, instructor-led virtual course that facilitates distance learning requirements.
- Students will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer or tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
Course Hours8 Hours
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources
- Develop skills necessary to understand rigging math and calculations
- Perform rigging inspections using provided rigging principles
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork as per 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Discuss common working platforms and safety protocols for lifting/lowering loads
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Students will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer or tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Master Rigger license. Students attending this course must present their original Master Rigger license.
Training Requirement for 8 Hour Master Rigger Renewal Training
Per section §104-06 of Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York, a Master Rigger must complete a Department-approved 8-Hour Master Rigger Refresher Training Course during the one year immediately prior to the license or certificate expiration.
For additional information, click here.
Workers who are applying to renew their Master Rigger’s license.
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a required multiple-choice quiz to be eligible to receive a course completion certificate.