Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Training
- $245.00 per person
- $220.50 per person for groups of 10+ (10% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Training
Candidates for the New York City Fire Department’s (FDNY) Construction Site Fire Safety Manager (CSFSM) S-56 Certificate of Fitness (C of F) Exam are required to complete a CSFSM training course. Applicants have 1 year from the date of completing the course to apply to take the S-56 exam with the FDNY. If they do not apply within a year they are required to retake the entire course. For additional information click here.
Individuals with experience supervising construction or fire safety activities or worked as a firefighter or officer in a paid fire department.
This course introduces students to the New York City Fire Code and Fire Department Rules including their organization and terminology, along with Fire Code construction site provisions and all construction site fire safety requirements. Topics covered will include fire safety plans, inspections and record keeping, training on ﬁre extinguishers, testing ﬁre protection equipment, hot work requirements and industry best practices based on other regulatory requirements like the Building Code and OSHA.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate Fire Department reference material, including the S-56 Certificate of Fitness Study Guide, to stay current with the New York City Fire Code
- Identify rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious fires in New York City
- Determine New York City specific fire safety issues
- Prescribe control measures for New York City fire safety issues
- Choose safe work methods, including best practices for fire safety at their construction sites to prevent fires
- Pass the school end-of-course examination on the basis of having successfully completed the CSFSM course
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations, review quiz and final exam. Students must receive a minimum passing score of 70% on the 50-question multiple choice exam to receive the course completion certificate and verification letter. Students are allotted 2 hours to complete the exam, which is not open book. Students who do not pass the end-of-course test will be extended a second opportunity to take the exam. It is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to schedule their retake exam within one week of the original class date.
Students who do not successfully pass the exam a second time will have the option of registering for another Construction Site Fire Safety Manager training course at a reduced price of 50% of the original course fee. Students must contact TSCTA to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date. After 6 months, students will be required to pay the full course fee.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Students who miss time from any individual session must reschedule and attend the full training course.