40-Hour Hazwoper Training
- $645.00 per person
- $580.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $548.25 per person for groups of 6-9 (15% discount)
- $516.00 per person for groups of 10+ (20% discount)
This 40 Hour Hazwoper training program consists of a synopsis of the core elements of an occupational safety and health program including emergency response plan and procedures.
Besides live lecture and instructional videos, the program includes discussion of pertinent provisions of EPA standards or laws, decontamination equipment and procedures, and review of air and contamination monitoring equipment. The training concludes with a class interactive task where students are asked to apply the information and materials that were provided during the course to mock hazardous scenarios.
Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
- List specific laws and governmental agencies that pertain to hazardous waste removal
- Identify elements of chemical labels and SDS sheets under OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard
- Evaluate physical and safety hazards on hazardous waste sites
- Describe general types of personal protective equipment including chemical protective clothing and respirators used when dealing with hazardous waste.
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this 40 Hour Hazwoper course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
This course fulfills the training requirement for persons working with or around Hazardous materials as per OSHA Subpart H 29 CFR 1910.120
General site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities which expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances and health hazards.
Completion Requirements for 40 Hour Hazwoper Training
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations. Upon completion of training, all participants will receive a certificate of completion for Hazwoper training under 29 CFR 1910.12 from TSCTA.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Can’t make it to one of our in-house, public course offerings? Let TSCTA bring safety training to you! Our onsite training courses can be brought to your job site, midtown office, warehouse or just about anywhere else in the world.