10 Hour OSHA General Industry Safety & Health Program
- $180.00 per person
- $162.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $153.00 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the 10 hour OSHA course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this 10 Hour OSHA training course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
New York City workers in most factories and manufacturing operations, health care industries, transportation and warehousing, chemical plants, oil and gas production operations, and service industries.
The 10 Hour OSHA Outreach Training Program for General Industry provides training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in general industry. Attendees discuss and review how to prevent accidents and injuries and OSHA General Industry Standards specific to your industry. This course is based on the requirements contained within the OSHA Code of Federal Regulations for General Industry (29 CFR 1910).
Upon completion of this OSHA training course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA.
- Define methods of preventing work-related slips, trips, and falls
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and lifesaving equipment.
- Explain 3 main components of Written Hazard Communication Plan
- Discuss at least 5 chemical and physical properties of chemicals found in workplace
- Demonstrate how to inspect an ABC type fire extinguisher.
Completion Requirements for 10 Hour OSHA General Industry Safety & Health Program
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
Per OSHA Outreach Training Program requirements, Rev April 2017, a student is eligible for makeup training only if they have completed at least 50% of the contact hours for the training PRIOR to their absence.
Make-up time is permitted for this training course under condition that student completed at least 50% of training. Students who miss time before finishing 50% of initial class or missed more than 50% of total time must reschedule and attend the full training course.
For OSHA’s Training Program requirements, click here.
Upon completion of the 10 Hour OSHA training course students will receive a certificate from TSCTA and within 90 days participants will receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI). The OSHA Outreach Program Training Guidelines (Apr 2017) require that the OSHA course completion cards are issued directly to each student, regardless of who paid for the training.