$225.00 per person
$202.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
$191.25 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
No prerequisites are required to take the course. Students need to be able to verbally communicate with the instructor in the primary language of the training.
Any individual that may be exposed or work around fall hazards on construction sites.
Falls are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths. According to the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB), in 2016 there were 173 serious construction accidents involving worker falls. This 8-hour course is intended to educate workers on how to avoid accidents and injuries while working on roofs, leading edges, ladders or scaffolds by defining the regulations and safety rules associated with fall hazards on construction sites. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and avoid hazards associated with elevated work locations. The training will also cover topics such as guardrail system installation, use of safety nets, donning and doffing of personal fall arrest systems, ladders and scaffold safety, and falling object protection requirements under OSHA and DOB regulations.
Students looking for the 8-Hour Fall Prevention Training course to satisfy one of Local Law 196’s SST Training requirements, please click the link here to be redirected to the correct page.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify major fall hazards.
- Distinguish between OSHA and DOB Regulations related to working at heights
- Describe types of fall hazards.
- Protect him/herself from fall hazards.
- Identify appropriate fall protection equipment
- Execute proper use of fall protection equipment
- Recognize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including the review quiz to receive the 8-Hour Fall Protection Training Course completion certificate.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact Gallagher Bassett to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Read Gallagher Bassett’s full attendance and make-up time policies here.