30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Program
- $550.00 per person
- $495.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $467.50 per person for groups of 6-9 (15% discount)
- $440.00 per person for groups of 10+ (20% discount)
*Course fee does not include cost of SST Card
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Students need to be able to verbally communicate with the instructor in the primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Program
Local Law 196 mandates completion of OSHA training for supervisors employed within the Five Boroughs on certain size projects. Supervisors, including Construction Supers, Site Safety Managers, Site Safety Coordinators, Concrete Safety Managers, or Competent Persons are required to provide evidence of completion of the 30-HR OSHA Construction Safety Outreach Training program by June 2019.
In New York City, the 30-HR OSHA Training is required for individuals applying as a Site Safety Manager, Site Safety Coordinator, and/or Superintendent based on the applicant’s qualifications. Additionally, this program is increasingly a primary requirement for supervisory staff on many construction contracts throughout NY, NJ, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Foreman, field supervisors, project management, and other personnel with safety responsibility affiliated with a construction firm or job site.
This program includes OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as construction safety and health principles. The training will place emphasis on those areas that are most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. This program is more applicable for the construction supervisor, with a more intensified focus on various occupational safety and health standards. Course participants can expect to be able to locate and identify OSHA standards in 29 CFR 1926; identify common causes of accidents and fatalities in hazardous areas of construction; recommend abatement techniques for such hazards; and recognize various construction processes, materials, and equipment.
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving equipment
- Discuss risks associated with the unsafe use of scaffolding equipment
- Define methods of controlling the four main health hazards that construction workers may be exposed to
- Explain the criteria for at least three protective systems used when working in and around excavations
- Differentiate between the 5 classes of fires and discuss the means of extinguishing them
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.
Per OSHA Outreach Training Program requirements, Rev April 2017, a student is eligible for makeup training only if they have completed at least 50% of the contact hours for the training PRIOR to their absence.
Make-up time is permitted for this training course under condition that student completed at least 50% of training. Students who miss time before finishing 50% of initial class or missed more than 50% of total time must reschedule and attend the full training course.
For OSHA’s Training Program requirements, click here.
Upon completion of the 30 Hour OSHA training course students will receive a certificate from TSCTA and within 90 days participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI). The OSHA Outreach Program Training Guidelines (April 2017) require that the OSHA course completion cards are issued directly to each student, regardless of who paid for the training.