Fall Protection Awareness
English, Spanish, Polish
- $150.00 per person
- $135.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $127.50 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for Fall Protection Awareness
This course is voluntary and does not meet any specific regulatory or industry requirement.
Any individual that may be exposed or work around fall hazards on construction sites.
This course covers topics such as the cause and nature of fall hazards at the work place, the correct procedures for erecting, maintaining, disassembling, inspecting fall protection systems, the use/operation of guardrail systems, personal fall protection systems, safety net systems, warning line systems, fall protection plans, safety monitor system, and falling object hazards. The Fall Protection Seminar also includes hands-on training in which the instructor demonstrates the proper uses of personal fall arrest equipment including the process of securing lifelines.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify major fall hazards
- Describe types of fall hazards
- Protect him/herself from fall hazards
- Recognize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including the review quiz to receive the Fall Protection Awareness course completion certificate.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.