Financial Assistance for Small Business (1-15 Employees)
Recently, the New York City Small Business Service (SBS) Office announced of a grant program for small construction firms and certified M/WBEs with 1-15 employees.
How it Works
You pick the training provider from an approved list, and the NYC Department of Small Business Services will cover a percentage of the cost, if you business is eligible.
- A business can only receive the reimbursement once and cannot reapply once payment has been received
- SBS will only cover the direct cost of training
- Eligible training types: OSHA 10 & 30, SST Training
- Meals, travel and other miscellaneous costs are not eligible for reimbursement
- Businesses are required to pay employees’ wages throughout training
Who can apply?
Small construction firms located in NYC with 1-15 employees, and certified M/WBEs in the construction industry with 1-15 employees may apply.
How to Apply
You can apply for the program by following the steps below:
- Send your employees to an authorized training provider
- Review our program guidelines and determine if your business is eligible.
- Gather the appropriate documents and visit our website to begin your application.
For additional information, please visit the SBS website.