TSCTA's COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Students, and Employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting TSCTA.
This page is a reference for all visitors, employees, and students who have questions about what TSCTA is doing to keep you safe.
TSCTA’s COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
There are 6 key things to know before arriving at TSCTA, and they include:
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings required for ALL Students
- Physical distancing practices including fewer seats in classrooms, call-before-you-arrive collection of completion materials, and physical barriers throughout the facility
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and extremely limited availability of in-person courses.
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
Long Island City
To comply with regulations, we’ve moved our Student Entrance from our old entrance on 36th Street around the corner to 43rd Avenue. The new student entrance is the second door and has a sign that reads: “Student Entrance.” If you get to the garage gate, you’ve walked too far.
Please note, that there is EXTREMELY limited street parking available, and students are still strongly encouraged to take public transportation.
Access to our Bronx location remains the same, with Students entering through the lobby on 149th Street. Building Management has implemented additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols in the lobby, elevator and public areas. Students should anticipate the need to wear face masks upon entry into the building and leave additional time as elevator occupancy capacity has been reduced to comply with CDC and NYS guidelines.
All Students are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival at TSCTA.
- Student Screening: During this initial period, Students will undergo temperature screening at all TSCTA locations.
Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to a designated location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry and will be rescheduled with no penalty to a future event.
- Employee Screening: Employees will be required to complete a health screening and temperature check at home, prior to coming to work.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Students Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Face Coverings: All Students are required to wear face coverings when visiting TSCTA.
All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Students to remain hands-free
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
- Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
Students are always required to wear face coverings while in our facilities. The use of face coverings should not be seen as a substitute for physical distancing. Students must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering. Otherwise, Students will be required to purchase a mask or face covering to participate in the training.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around our Student Services or Course Administration Offices, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.
- Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is strongly recommended all Students use cashless payment options whenever possible. It is especially recommended that all Students use our online registrations system to avoid waiting on a line to find out that there are no longer any available seats in your desired class.
Managing the number of Students visiting TSCTA has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Students and Employees at any given time for each location. Additional measures include:
- Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist Students to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- Training: We are also training Employees to engage with Students and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as classrooms, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, TSCTA will open with hand sanitizer and hand-washing locations; Students are required to use these while visiting.
At the recommendation of the CDC, high-touch items such as water coolers and vending machines have temporarily been removed from Student and Employee Lounges. Students and Staff may bring their own water bottles but will be unable to refill them while on-premise. Additionally, to promote social distancing, we have taken out the seating from the Student Lounge area. Students should anticipate going offsite for meal breaks, as food deliveries will not be permitted.
About These Measures
As part of these efforts, Students may see other changes to our facilities and classroom experience. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to allow for in-person instruction in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to providing you with top-notch safety training while being diligent to maintain proper physical distancing.