TSCTA’s Classroom Policies
Complete attendance is required to receive completion materials for a course, and students are required to be punctual for all training. If you arrive after 30 minutes from the course start time, your permission to complete the course will be at the instructor’s discretion. For multi-day training, students must attend each session of the course. Makeup sessions are available for some classes. Courses which require students pass an exam for completion, such as an OSHA 30 class do not qualify for makeup time.
Course Absences / No Shows
- If you are unable to attend training, you should notify a TSCTA staff member. Students who miss a course will be allowed to reschedule one time without penalties.
- If you cannot attend training and fail to notify a TSCTA staff member, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you have rescheduled a course and do not attend the updated training session, 50% of your original payment will be forfeited. The remaining balance will be credited to your account or returned to your original form of payment upon request.
Course Completion Requirements
- To receive the certificate or card validating completion of a course, students must attend all sessions. Eligible students will receive the course completion materials immediately upon completion of the training.
- Unless requested in writing before the end of the training, all completion materials will be mailed directly to the individual or company that paid for the training. Completion material(s) will be shipped free of charge to the student’s address on file. In the case the items are not received by the student, they will have the option of picking up at a TSCTA location or paying to have the items resent.
- Students are required to present a valid photo ID at the start of each course. A photo ID will only be checked once for multiday courses. TSCTA accepts any form of ID that contains a picture of and full legal name of the student.
- Students should be respectful towards their course instructors and peers, and attentive during the entire class. Students who are disruptive and found to be inattentive during a course will be removed and ineligible for a refund.
- Students should bring writing utensils to take notes and participate in in-class assignments.
- Cell phone usage during a course is prohibited. Students are allowed to accept emergency phone calls in the designated area if needed.