8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher
DOB Course Code
English, Spanish, Polish
- $200.00 per person
- $180 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $170 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Completion of a 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover or 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Refresher course within the last 4 years. The expired or soon to be expired card must be presented prior to the start of the course.
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher
As per NYC Local Law 52 of 2005, to continue to install or remove Supported Scaffolds in New York City, an individual must successfully complete this 8 hour Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher training course four years following the completion of the 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer and Remover Course & every four years thereafter. The original scaffold card must be renewed within 1 year from its expiration date. Should individual not renew their card within the allowed time, they will no longer be eligible to attend an 8 hour Refresher and must retake the original 32-hour class.
This course is intended for workers who are renewing an expired or soon to be expired 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher ID card to continue to supervise and use supported scaffolds in NYC.
During this course students will be discussing changes and updates to OSHA and New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) policies, procedures and supported scaffold standards. Students will also have a chance to share jobsite experiences and opinions about new supported scaffold systems and solutions. This knowledge will help workers to properly prepare for and participate in supported scaffold installation/removal process.
The instructor will assess students to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots used to rig scaffold equipment, properly install/maintain fall protection systems, safely build supported scaffold systems and walking/working scaffold platforms and immediately prior to the end of the course, students will independently participate in a multiple choice final exam.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize supported scaffold related terminology and definitions
- Identify causes of scaffolding accidents and prevention methods
- Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations
- Illustrate hazards related to installation/removing and use of supported scaffolds and how to control them
- Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely install and remove supported scaffold equipment
- Inspect supported scaffold components using methods learned
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations and the final course exam. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher to receive a 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher course completion picture ID card.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 8-hour course and retake the exam at reduced fee of $100. Students must contact TSCTA to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.