4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher
DOB Course Code
English, Spanish, Polish
- $135.00 per person
- $121.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $114.75 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher Course
As per 33220.127.116.11 of the New York City Building Code, individuals who use a supported scaffold, including the person supervising such, shall, at a minimum, have completed a department-approved training program or course that is at least 4 hours long and, every four years thereafter, retake the 4-hour training program or course.
Any individual who needs to use or work on a Supported Scaffold in New York City.
This course explains the basic elements of supported scaffold safety and introduces students to the nature of supported scaffold hazards. During the course emphasis is placed on the role of the scaffold user in accident prevention, which includes scaffold inspections, fall protection, recognizing hazards, and responding to emergencies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- List supported scaffold types and its major components
- Identify the most common supported scaffold safety hazards
- Protect themselves from supported scaffold safety hazards
- Outline New York City Building Code supported scaffold safety requirements
- Inspect supported scaffolds in accordance with federal and local safety regulations
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and review quiz to receive the 4 Hour Supported Scaffold course completion ID card.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.