32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover
DOB Course Code
English, Spanish, Polish
- $550.00 per person
- $495.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $467.50 per person for groups of 6-9 (15% discount)
- $440.00 per person for groups of 10+ (20% discount)
Insert CEU Requirements
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover
As per NYC Local Law 52 of 2005, this course is required for workers installing, removing or modifying supported scaffolds over 40 feet on Construction Sites in New York City.
Experienced workers who will erect, dismantle modify or repair supported scaffolds over 40 feet, safety managers, construction superintendents and individuals who just want to learn more about supported scaffold safety.
Instructors will demonstrate safe methods of installation, removal and modification of different types of supported scaffolds using OSHA regulations, DOB standards and good work practice as a guide. Some topics covered during the course will include major scaffold components, importance of proper pre-planning, worker training, and how to read scaffold design drawings. Throughout the course, students will also participate in hands on exercises in which they will build and dismantle supported scaffolds, apply various knots on the rope and demonstrate ability to apply basic rigging techniques.
The instructor will assess students to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots used to rig scaffold equipment, properly install/maintain fall protection systems, safely build supported scaffold systems and walking/working scaffold platforms and immediately prior to the end of the course, students will independently participate in a multiple choice final exam.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize supported scaffold related terminology and definitions
- Identify causes of scaffolding accidents and prevention methods
- Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations
- Illustrate hazards related to installation/removing and use of supported scaffolds and how to control them
- Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely use supported scaffold equipment in the classroom environment
- Inspect supported scaffold components using methods learned
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and the final course exam. Students must pass the hands-on and written assessment with a score of 70% or higher to receive a 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover course completion picture ID card. This card is valid for 4 years.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 32-hour course and retake the exam at reduced fee of $200. Students must contact TSCTA to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.