Lead Awareness Training
- $150.00 per person
- $135.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $127.50 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for Lead Awareness Training
This course is voluntary and does not meet any specific regulatory or industry requirement.
This course is designed for construction trades, supervisors, and management who work with or around lead.
Following OSHA standards for lead in construction, attendees will learn what is required to prevent exposure to lead in the construction industry. This course includes an overview of Lead Paint, Hazards and OSHA Regulations.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be able to define what lead is and where it can be found in the workplace
- List differences between OSHA’s and EPA’s definition of lead based paint
- Be able to identify acute and chronic health effects from exposure to lead
- Discuss available and approved methods of detecting lead in the workplace
- Be able to explain the most effective hazard controls when dealing with lead
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including the review quiz to receive the Lead Awareness course completion certificate.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.