RRP Lead Safety Refresher
- $195 per person
- $175.50 per person for groups of 8+ (10% discount)
This course will refresh the participant’s knowledge of how to properly perform lead-safe practices and how to successfully implement them.
Topics covered include
- Regulatory authority: 40 CFR 745.90(a)(1) & 40 CFR Subpart L,
- Health effects and how to prevent them,
- Lead safe work practices, containment, cleaning & record keeping,
- Tools & personal protective equipment.
Training Requirement for RRP Lead Safety Refresher
This course fulfills the training requirement to renew as a Certified Renovator with the EPA. Certifications must be renewed prior to its expiration. Renovators will have to retake the initial 8 hour training if they fail to complete the Refresher before the expiration of their current certification.
Students attending this course must present a current RRP Lead Safety Initial ID card from an approved training provider.
This course is intended for persons involved in renovation, repair, and painting of housing, or facilities where children are routinely present and built before 1978 whose EPA certification is expiring.
- Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities and the final course exam.
- Students must obtain a score of 70% or higher to receive an EPA recognized Refresher renovator course completion certificate which allow holders to perform renovations in most states.
- The RRP Refresher Certification is valid for 5 years ONLY.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have the opportunity to retake the entire 4 hour course and retake the exam at reduced fee of $97.50.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.