Confined Space Awareness Training
Please note that this training does not meet OSHA’s site-specific confined space training requirements. It is intended to serve only as a basic awareness course for students that may work around confined spaces and is NOT intended for those workers who are required to enter a confined space.
- $150.00 per person
- $135.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $127.50 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
The Confined Space Awareness course is designed to educate students’ working in the vicinity of confined spaces on key safety hazards, methods of controlling those hazards, elements of confined space programs, emergency procedures and training requirements. Students will become familiar with examples of confined spaces and associated hazards found in both general industry and construction worksites.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify criteria for confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces
- List four main hazards that may exist in permit-required confined spaces
- Describe at least one hazard control method for each of four main confined space hazards
- Discuss duties of confined space entry team (supervisor, attendant, entrant)
- Apply OSHA training requirements to site specific conditions
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Any individual who may work near confined spaces.
100% attendance in course and active participation in all learning activities including review quiz is required to receive course completion card.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Students who miss time from any individual session must reschedule and attend the full training course.
Can’t make it to one of our in-house, public course offerings? Let TSCTA bring safety training to you! Our onsite training courses can be brought to your job site, midtown office, warehouse or just about anywhere else in the world.