Asbestos Awareness Training
- $150.00 per person
- $135.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $127.50 per person for groups of 6+ (10% discount)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
This course is voluntary and does not meet any specific regulatory or industry requirement.
Any individual involved in construction activity or general industry where asbestos may be present.
Course Description for Asbestos Awareness Training
The purpose of this awareness training is to provide workers with background information on asbestos in workplace, the dangers of asbestos fibers in buildings, methods of recognizing and preventing exposure to asbestos as well as how to comply with OSHA’s asbestos safety standards.
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define what asbestos is and what are its properties
- Explain where asbestos containing materials (ACM) and potential asbestos containing materials (PACM) are commonly found
- List at least three health effects from exposure to asbestos in the workplace
- Identify proper precautions and work practices when working around asbestos
Please note this training do not meet requirements of an EPA’s Asbestos Abatement Training or the training for maintenance and custodial workers involved in general maintenance and asbestos-containing material repair tasks.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including the review quiz to receive an Asbestos Awareness course completion certificate.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Students who miss time from any individual session must reschedule and attend the full training course.