8-Hour Chapter 33 (Site Safety Manager Renewal)
***Per the NYC DOB Course requirements, this course DOES NOT satisfy the renewal requirements for Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator.***
- $245.00 per person
- $220.50 per person for groups of 10+ (10% discount)
Students need to be able to verbally communicate with an instructor in the primary language of the training.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides eight (8) hours towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
***Per the NYC DOB Course requirements, this course does not satisfy the renewal requirements for Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator.***
This course is a prescribed course that can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
Learning Outcomes (Learning Standards):
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare roles and responsibilities of New York City Department of Buildings licensed site safety professionals.
- Recognize which rules and regulations were promulgated after serious construction accidents in New York City.
- Identify safety procedures to protect public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Define construction fire protection and prevention methods that comply with the New York City Fire Code.
- Describe communication procedures between New York City Department of Buildings and licensed site safety professionals
- Distinguish between the OSHA standards and New York City Department of Buildings Chapter 33 regulations
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including review quiz and hands-on exercises. Students will receive a course completion card after successfully meeting all requirements.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.