Qualified Rigger Training
- $150.00 per person
- $135.00 per person for groups of 8 or more (10% discount)
- $300.00 per person if registering for Qualified Rigger AND Signal Person Training at the same time.
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for Qualified Rigger Training
To comply with the new OSHA requirement 1926.1400, this course is required for anyone designated as a qualified rigger by an employer who performs specific rigging operations and load activities.
Any person designated as the qualified rigger by an employer who performs specific rigging operations and load activities.
Regulations discussed in this course are ASME B30.5, ASME B30.9, and OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926.1400. This course includes topics such as basic rigging principles, rigging component identification, mathematical calculations, sling selection, rigging inspection, wire rope and chain design, and proper rigging techniques.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated to rigging in construction
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance to ASME, OSHA and manufacturer requirements
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- Use rigging equipment and hitches in various applications
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations to receive a certificate of completion under OSHA 1926.1400 standard from TSCTA. This certificate is valid for three years.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.