8-Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Refresher
- $245.00 per person
- $220.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $208.25 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
DOB Course Code
The purpose of this course is to help supervisors maintain adequate safety discipline on suspended scaffold projects in New York City. During this course, participants will review Federal and NYC DOB scaffold regulations, how to stay in compliance with the most current Suspended Scaffold standards, exchange their experiences and will discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
The instructor will assess students to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots, terminating wire rope, building a block and tackle system, and operating scaffold hoist motor and each student will independently complete a multiple-choice final exam.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify main scaffold accident prevention methods
- Assign specific Department of Buildings or OSHA safety rule to given suspended scaffold system
- Demonstrate practical skills necessary to properly install and maintain fall protection systems used on suspended scaffolds
- Apply various applications using ropes, knots & hitches, block & tackle and wire rope termination
- Explain main responsibilities of a suspended scaffold supervisor on a New York City construction project
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, the achievement of a minimum passing score on the required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide the name on the form to receive credit)
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Refresher
As per 33184.108.40.206 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this 8 Hour Refresher is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) to continue to supervise and use suspended scaffolds in New York City. This refresher training must be completed four years after the completion of the initial 32-Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor training course and every four years thereafter.
In accordance to 33220.127.116.11 (Grace Period), individuals who fail to complete the required refresher program or course within any 4 year period, a refresher program or course shall be considered timely if completed within 1 year after the expiration of the last previously completed initial or refresher course. Where more than 1 year has lapsed, such individual shall be required to successfully re-complete the initial training course.
This course is intended for workers who are renewing an expired or soon to be expired 32 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor or 8 Hour Suspended Scaffold Supervisor ID card to continue to use suspended scaffolds in NYC.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities, including hands-on demonstrations and the final course exam. Students must obtain a score of 70% or higher to receive the course completion ID card. This card is valid for 4 years.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 8-hour course and retake the exam at a reduced fee of $100. Students must contact TSCTA to schedule and pay for the class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.