4-Hour Mast Climber User and Operator Training
- $135.00 per person
- $121.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $114.75 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
DOB Course Code
This course allows mast climber users to recognize the most common hazards related to their work. Students will be able to identify their responsibilities as a user or operator, safety procedures, current regulations and hazard controls related to mast climbing. This course covers topics such as mast climber use and operation, hazards associated with such work, pre-use inspections, startup and shut down procedures, emergency descent procedures, fall protection, mast climber stability and balance, and storage of materials on a mast climber.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify Mast Climber types, major parts and distinctive functions
- Identify rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious accidents
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City
- Recognize most common Mast Climber hazards based on statistical and historical data provided
- Discuss and apply federal regulations and good work practice that apply to MastClimbers users and operators on construction sites in NYC
- Students will examine the requirements for Mast Climber and apply all regulations to its design, installation, and inspection using information provided in the classroom
- Students will discuss the requirements for accident and incident reporting and protocols
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Any individual who needs to use or work on a Mast Climber in New York City.
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with the instructor in the primary language of the training.
Training Requirements for 4 Hour Mast Climber and User Training
As per Mast Climber Rule (Chapter 3314-01) of 2011, to use, operate, or work on a Mast Climber in New York City, an individual must successfully complete 4 hours of User Training. This training is required every 4 years.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities in order to receive the course completion ID card.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.