16-Hour Rigging Supervisor Refresher
- $395.00 per person
- $355.50 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $335.75 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
DOB Course Code
During this 16-hour refresher, students will be provided with an overview of OSHA and DOB policies, procedures, and ASME rigging standards with a special emphasis on supervision and coordination of rigging crews and rigging equipment setup. Some topics will include instructions on how to visually inspect rigging equipment, crane setup, load weight and center of gravity calculations as well as methods of applying proper rigging hitches. Students will participate in hands-on exercises in which they will be responsible for presenting, installing and using various rigging applications.
Hands-on assessment will be made by instructor to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots, inspect rigging hardware and apply learned rigging lifting techniques and immediately prior to the end of course students will independently complete a multiple choice final exam.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated to rigging in construction
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance to ASME, OSHA and manufacturer requirements
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- Use rigging equipment and hitches with knowledge of load angle factors, rigging capacities, and load integrity
- Calculate the weight of the load and find its center of gravity
- Recognize signaling requirements used during rigging operations
CEU Requirements (Pending CEU Verification)
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Students attending this course should have previously taken a 32-Hour Rigging Supervisor or 16-Hour Rigging Supervisor Refresher within the last 4 years from an approved training provider. The expired or soon to be expired card must be presented prior to the start of the course.
Training Requirements for 32 Hour Rigging Supervisor
As per 33188.8.131.52 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) for individuals, not hired directly by a licensed rigger to maintain his/her designation to supervise the hoisting or lowering of articles on the outside of a building with hoisting equipment.
This training is geared for construction foremen, riggers, safety supervisors, rigging inspectors, and personnel in charge of rigging operations not hired directly by a licensed rigger.
100% attendance and active participation in all learning activities including hands-on class exercises and the final exam is required. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written and practical examination to receive a 16-Hour Rigging Supervisor Refresher ID card. This card is valid for 4 years.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 16-hour course and retake the exam at a reduced fee of $200. Students must contact TSCTA to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Students who miss time from any individual session must reschedule and attend the full training course.