30-Hour Concrete Safety Manager
- $500.00 per person
- $450.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $425.00 per person for groups of 6-9 (15% discount)
- $400.00 per person for groups of 10+ (20% discount)
DOB Course Code
This course is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertain to public protection for concrete construction. The purpose of the course is to initiate prospective candidates with safe job practices for New York City major buildings where 2000 cubic yards of concrete are to be poured. During the course, students will be introduced to the hazards of working the New York City and the specific methods and work practices that are necessary for concrete construction in urban areas.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious concrete construction accidents in New York City.
- Explain the reasons for New York City safety rules for concrete projects.
- Determine New York City specific safety issues for concrete projects.
- Prescribe control measures for New York City safety issues for concrete projects.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Motivate other employees to make changes to improve the safety culture of New York City.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course, however it is recommended that students have a general knowledge of the NYC Building Codes.
Training Requirements for 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager
As per §3310.9.1 of the NYC Construction Codes to obtain a Concrete Safety Manager Certificate, applicants must complete 30 hours of training. For more information click here.
Experienced workers with at least 5 years of supervisory experience on projects where the concrete portion of the project(s) involved the placement of at least 2,000 cubic yards of concrete.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and review quiz.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Can’t make it to one of our in-house, public course offerings? Let TSCTA bring safety training to you! Our onsite training courses can be brought to your job site, midtown office, warehouse or just about anywhere else in the world.