8 Hour Special Rigger Renewal Training
- $200.00 per person
- $180.00 per person for groups of 4-5 (10% discount)
- $170.00 per person for groups of 6+ (15% discount)
DOB Course Code
This renewal course includes a review of New York City Construction Codes and OSHA Regulations as it pertains to rigging operations and industry best practices. Subject matter will also include the inspection, maintenance, repair, use, installation, hazards associated with rigging methods, hardware, and equipment, hoisting machines with a manufacturer’s rated capacity of one ton or less, suspended scaffolds, fall protection and more. Additionally, attendees will have a forum to exchange their experiences and discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify special rigging equipment and its hazards
- Discuss common causes of rigging accidents based on case studies
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources
- Develop skills necessary to understand rigging math and calculations
- Perform rigging inspections using provided rigging principles
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork as per 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Develop emergencies procedures during scaffold incidents
- Discuss common working platforms and safety protocols for lifting/lowering loads
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Special Rigger license. Students attending this course must present their original Special Rigger license.
Training Requirements for 8 Hour Special Rigger Renewal Training
Per section §104-06 of the Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York, a Special Rigger must complete a Department approved 8-Hour Special Rigger Refresher Training Course during the one year immediately prior to the license or certificate expiration.
For additional information, click here.
Special Riggers who are intending to renew their license.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations and the review quiz to receive course completion materials.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.