8 Hour Master Rigger Renewal Training
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN DISTANCE LEARNING. REGISTERING FOR THOSE SESSIONS CAN BE DONE HERE.
- $245.00 per person
- $220.50 per person for groups of 10+ (10% discount)
DOB Course Code
This renewal course includes a review of New York City Construction Codes and OSHA Regulations as it pertains to rigging operations and industry best practices.
Topics covered during the course will include rigging methods, installation, maintenance, repair and use of rigging hardware and equipment, climber/tower crane assembly, jumping, and disassembly, critical picks, suspended scaffolds, fall protection and more. Additionally, attendees will have a forum to exchange their experiences and discuss the most recent changes in the rigging industry.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify rigging equipment and its hazards
- Outline differences between OSHA and NYC DOB scaffold regulations and their sources
- Develop skills necessary to understand rigging math and calculations
- Perform rigging inspections using provided rigging principles
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork as per 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Discuss common working platforms and safety protocols for lifting/lowering loads
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired Master Rigger license. Students attending this course must present their original Master Rigger license.
Training Requirement for 8 Hour Master Rigger Renewal Training
Per section §104-06 of the Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York, a Master Rigger must complete a Department approved 8-Hour Master Rigger Refresher Training Course during the one year immediately prior to the license or certificate expiration.
For additional information, click here.
Workers who are applying to renew their Master Rigger’s license.
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations and review quiz to receive course completion materials.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.
Can’t make it to one of our in-house, public course offerings? Let TSCTA bring safety training to you! Our onsite training courses can be brought to your job site, midtown office, warehouse or just about anywhere else in the world.