This course focuses on a comprehensive approach to the management of a construction site and discusses the NYC DOB Building Codes set forth in Chapter 33. The main objective of this course is to emphasize the importance of safety and protection of the public and workers on and around a jobsite.
Course Hours8 Hours
Online RegistrationRegister Online
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify common causes of construction accidents in NYC
- Explain the New York City Department of Buildings qualifications and procedures to obtain a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate
- Differentiate between OSHA (federal) standards (federal) and New York City Department of Buildings (local) Chapter 33 regulations
- Recognize recent changes to the NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA standards
- Distinguish between resources containing relevant local laws and those containing federal codes
- Summarize specific safeguards employed by all NYC Department of Buildings licensed site safety processional during construction and demolition in NYC
Users must grant access to their desktop/laptop’s camera and microphone in order to successfully complete this training. It is recommended that students complete the training on a computer with Google Chrome as the browser.
The use of a mobile device, like a smartphone, may result in unintended issues running the course.
100% attendance in the course and active participation in all learning activities including a required multiple-choice quiz to be eligible to receive a course completion certificate.